Welcome to my Web site! Here you will find information about my research group and the research areas we are investigating, and information for current and potential students. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about my research or are interested in joining my research group.
News and Events
- ATP paper has been evaluated and recommended by the Faculty of 1000 Biology.
Derick G. Brown, Ph.D., P.E.
- Highlights on our bacterial metabolic activity at surfaces research:
- We have welcomed two new graduate students into our research group. They are Xiuyuan and Patrick McGuire.
Information for Current and Potential Graduate Students
- Congratulations to Wujun Xia, Huakan Lu, Kristen Falotico, Chong Dai, and Hao He for completing their MS degrees!
- Chelsey Shepsko has received a prestigous EI-STEPS research internship. She is exploring the impacts of natural minerals on
the activity of attached bacteria under nitrate-reducing conditions. Congratulations Chelsey!
- Upcoming conference presentation - 247th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, March 16-20, 2014 in Dallas, Texas, Division of Colloid
and Surface Chemistry (COLL) Symposium; presentation titled "Partitioning of hydrophobic organic compounds into surfactant
hemi-micelles on the bacterial cell surface and its relationship to surfactant-enhanced HOC bioavailability and biodegradation."