Welcome to my Web site! Here you will find information about my research group and the research areas we are investigating, and information for current and potential students. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about my research or are interested in joining my research group.
News and Events
Derick G. Brown, Ph.D., P.E.
- Highlights on our bacterial metabolic activity at surfaces research:
Information for Current and Potential Graduate Students
- Congratulations to Qiqi Chen, Hang Dong and Patrick McGuire for completing their M.S. degrees in Environmental Engineering!
- Brown, D.G., Tripathi, S., and Lennon, G.P. "Size-excluded transport of bacteria through unsaturated porous media in the presence
- Albert, L.S., Zhu, H., and Brown, D.G. "Charge-regulated variation in local pH and its effects on the bioenergetics
of attached bacteria under non-growth conditions."
- Zhu, H., Albert, L.S., Fox, J.T., Redding, A., and Brown, D.G. "Impacts of the
charge-regulation effect on the growth of attached bacteria and the bioavailability of ionizable substrates."
- Congratulations to Chelsey Shepsko for earning her B.S. degree in Environmental Engineering and joining us for her M.S. degree!
- Recent presentations at the 2014 International Symposium for Subsurface Microbiology (ISSM), Pacific Grove, CA, 5-10 October