Welcome to my Web site! Here you will find information about my research group and the research areas we are investigating, and information for current and potential students. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about my research or are interested in joining my research group.
News and Events
Derick G. Brown, Ph.D., P.E.
- Highlights on our bacterial metabolic activity at surfaces research:
Information for Current and Potential Graduate Students
- Upcoming conference presentations:
- Albert, L.S., H. Zhu and D.G. Brown. "Effects of localized surface pH on the metabolic activity of attached bacteria."
2014 ISMET Conference, May 13-15, State College, PA.
- Lennon, G.P., Ochs, J.B. and Brown, D.G. "Student Learning Outcomes: Effectively
Satisfying Multiple Accreditation Requirements." 2014 Annual Conference, American Society for Engineering Education, June 15-18,
- Albert, L.S., H. Zhu and D.G. Brown "Charge-regulated variation between two adhering surface and its ability to
affect bioenergetics of attached bacteria under non-growth conditions." ACS 2014 Colloid & Surface Science Symposium, June
22-25, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA.
- Zhu, H., L.S. Albert, and D.G. Brown. "Impacts of the physiochemical charge-regulation
effect on the growth of attached bacteria." ACS 2014 Colloid & Surface Science Symposium, June 22-25, University
of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA.