I am a Ph.D. student in the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Lehigh University. I received my B.S. and M.S. degrees from the Automation Department of Tsinghua University in China and majored in Control Science and Engineering as well as Enterprise Information Systems and Engineering.
I am currently a member of the Computational Optimization Research at Lehigh (COR@L) Laboratory. My research areas are in optimization, complexity theory, mathematical modeling, and high performance computing. My thesis advisor is Dr. Tamás Terlaky. I am also interested in supply chain and revenue management, business modeling and analysis, applied optimization, and operations management.
Previous Research & Professional Experience
· Planning, Research and Statistics Intern, Pennsylvania Department of Corrections, Camp Hill, PA, summer 2011.
· Analyst (Intern), Business Analysis and Sales Support Department, Sanofi Pasteur, Swiftwater, PA, summer 2010.
· Research Assistant, National CIMS Engineering Research Center, Tsinghua University, China, 02/2005-07/2007.
· Research Assistant and Technical Support (Intern), IBM China Development Laboratory, summer 2006.
· Software Engineer and Research Assistant (Intern), Tsinghua InfoTech Co. Ltd, China, summer 2004.
Publications & Presentations
· Li, D., Terlaky, T., “Explore the Higher-Order Rescaling Perceptron Algorithm”, INFORMS Annual Meeting 2010, Austin, TX. Nov. 2010.
· Li, D., Terlaky, T., “On Rescaling Algorithms for Linear Feasibility Problems”, MOPTA 2009, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA. Aug. 2009.
· Li, D., Cui. D., Air Traffic Control Conflict Detection Algorithm Based on Brownian Motion. Journal of Tsinghua University Science and Technology, April 2008.
· Li, D., “The Application of Banker’s Algorithm for Conflict Avoidance in Air Traffic Control”, INFORMS Annual Meeting 2007, Seattle, WA. Nov. 2007.
Teaching Assistant Experience
· IE495 Optimization Algorithms and Software (Grad Level), Lehigh University, Spring 2011.
· IE496 Computational Methods in Optimization (Grad Level), Lehigh University, Fall 2010.
· IE172 Algorithms for Systems Engineering, Lehigh University, Spring 2010.
· IE220 Introduction to Operations Research, Lehigh University, Fall 2009.
Leadership & Honors
· Rossin Doctoral Fellowship, Lehigh University, 2010.
· President, Lehigh INFORMS Student Chapter, 2009-2010.
· Department Fellowship, Lehigh University, 2007-2009.
· Excellent Leader Prize of Tsinghua University, 2002-2003.
· Institute of Operations Research and Management Sciences (INFORMS), student member.
· Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), student member.
Email: dal207 at Lehigh dot edu
H.S. Mohler Laboratory,
200 West Packer Avenue
Bethlehem, PA 18015.