NSF: Development of a Blast and Ballistic Resistant Precast Concrete Armored Wall System
NEES-CR: Impact Forces from Tsunami-Driven Debris
Inspection Methods & Techniques to Determine Non Visible Corrosion of Prestressing Strands in Concrete Bridge Components
Daniel P. Jenny PCI Fellowship: Analytical Assessment of the Resistance of Precast Strucutres to Blast Effects
Development of a Seismic Design Methodology for Precast Diaphragms
Development of a Welding Procedure Specification for Field Welding of Precast Concrete Connections
Use of Polyurea for Blast Hardening of Concrete Construction
Estimation of Concrete Respone Under Varying Confinement
Evaluation of Bond Mechanics in Prestressed Concrete Applications
Horizontal Shear Capacity of Composite Beams Without Ties
Lateral Resistance of Plywood and Oriented Strand Board Sheathing After Accelerated Weathering
Past Research Projects
Performance of Bulb Tees with Self Consolidating Concrete
FRP Bridge Decks with RC
Blast Resistance of a Load
Bearing Shear Wall Building
Reserarch Experinece for
Seismic Evaluation of a Three Story
WoodFrame Apartment Building with Tuck-Under Parking
Design of RC Bridge Beam-Column
Response of Waffle Slab
Building Systems to Seismic Loads
Department of Civil Engineering
117 ATLSS Drive, IMBT Labs
Bethlehem, PA 18015
Experimental and Analytical Evaluation of Reinforced and Prestressed Concrete Structures
Subjected to Extreme Events including Earthquakes, Tsunamis, and Intentional Blast Demands.
- The University of Hawaii Manoa Civil Engineering B.S., 1993
- The University of California Berkeley Civil Engineering M.S., 1994
- The University of California Berkeley Civil Engineering Ph.D., 2000
- The University of California Berkeley Structural Engineering Postdoctoral Appointment, 2000-2001
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Civil Engineering California
- Lehigh University, Civil Engineering Assistant Professor 2002-2007
- Air Force Research Laboratory, Tyndall AFB, Visiting Professor Summer 2007
- Lehigh University, Civil Engineering Associate Professor 2007-Present
- Lehigh University, Civil Engineering Associate Chair 2011-Present
- Cao, L., Naito, C., "Design of Precast Diaphragm Chord Connections for In-Plane Tension Demands," ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, Accepted for Publication June 2006.
- Naito, C., Parent, G., Brunn, G., "Ultimate Strength of Self Consolidating Concrete Bulb Tee Beams," Journal of the Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute, Vol. 51, No. 6, Nov-Dec, 2006.
- Naito, C., Cetisli, F., "Accuracy and Improvements for Variable and Constant Confinement Concrete Models," American Concrete Institute Special Publication 238 International Symposium on Confined Concrete, Paper SP-238-10, Detroit, MI, Dec., 2006, p. 480.
- Naito, C., Wheaton, K. P., "Blast Assessment of Load Bearing Reinforced Concrete Shear Walls," ASCE Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction, Vol. 11, No. 2, May, 2006, pp. 112-121.
- Fleischman, R. B., Naito, C., Restrepo, J., Sause, R., Ghosh, S. K., Wan, G., Schoettler, M., Cao, L. "Precast Diaphragm Seismic Design Methodology (DSDM) Project, Part 2: Research Program," Journal of the Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute, Vol. 50, No. 6, Nov.-Dec., 2005, pp. 14-31. (PCI Charles C. Zollman Award for 2006)
- Fleischman, R., Naito, C., Restrepo, J., Sause, R., Ghosh, S., "Precast Diaphragm Seismic Design Methodology (DSDM) Project, Part 1: Design Philosophy and Research Approach," Journal of the Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute, Vol. 50, No. 5, Sept.-Oct., 2005, pp. 68-83. (PCI Charles C. Zollman Award for 2006)
- Naito, C., "Anchorage of Reinforced Concrete Parapets on GFRP Bridge Decks," ASCE Journal of Composites for Construction, Vol. 9, No. 3, May-June, 2005, pp. 247-254. (2005 ASCE Journal of Composites for Construction Best Paper Award: Honorable Mention Applied Research Paper)
- Zhang, Y., Sause, R., Ricles, J., Naito, C., "Modified Predictor-Corrector Numerical Scheme for Real-Time Pseudo Dynamic Rest Using State-Space Formulation,” Journal of Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol. 34, No. 3, Mar., 2005, pp. 271-288.
- Mosalam, K., Naito, C., Khaykina, S., "Bidirectional Cyclic Performance of Reinforced Concrete Bridge Column-Superstructure Subassemblies,” Earthquake Spectra, Vol. 18, No. 4, Nov., 2002, pp. 663-687.
- Mosalam, K., Naito, C., "Seismic Evaluation of Gravity-Load-Designed Column-Grid System," ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 128, No. 2, Feb., 2002, pp. 160-168.
- Naito, C., Moehle, J., Mosalam, K., "Evaluation of Bridge Beam-Column Joints Under Simulated Seismic Loading," ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 99, No. 1, Jan., 2002, pp. 62-71.
Class Information can be found on the:
Lehigh Blackboard Website
Fall 2006: CE 365 Prestressed Concrete Design
Spring 2006: CE 467-43 Repair and Retrofit of Reinforced Concrete Structures
Spring 2006: CE 290 Structural/Geotechnical Capstone Design
Fall 2004/2005: CE 159 - Structural Analysis
Fall 2004/2005: Engineering 5: Introduction to Structural Engineering
Spring 2004/2005: CE 266 - Project Management
Fall 2003: CE 159 - Structural Analysis
Fall 2003: Engineering 5: Introduction to Structural Engineering
2003 Research Experience for Undergraduates at the ATLSS Center
2003 Natural Hazard Mitigation in Japan Program Mentor
Spring 2003: CE 266 - Project Management
Fall 2002: CE 159 - Structural Analysis
2002 Research Experience for Undergraduates at the ATLSS Center
Spring 2002: CE 160 - Structural Design 1
Payam Piran Aghl
Page Last Updated Monday, 15-Aug-2011 10:16:22 EDT