Home > Students > Getting Started > Programs > Summer/Winter Faculty Led > Projects, Cultures & Communication in Croatia
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Rolling admissions. Click here for further details!
Click here for information session times.
Talk to a past participant!
June 6 (Depart from Newark, NJ) - 18, 2015
Director, International Internships
* A limited number of $500-$1,500 need-based scholarships are also available. Applications will be evaluated according to a student's financial need and an essay describing the possible significance of this experience to their academic and professional development. Deadlines are posted on the 2015 Travel Grant Application.
$3,000 (tentative) - This includes 3 transfer credits, lodging, most meals and some cultural experiences. Not included: airfare, local travel outside of the program, some meals, laundry, personal expenses, personal weekend travel or other costs.
Upon completing this program, students will:
- Gain an understanding of project management (theoretical & practical) and receive course credit for it
- Develop an appreciation of business practices as well as European (specifically Croation) culture, language, and cuisine
- Test skills and abilities under tight deadlines in a completitive, intercultural environment
- Broaden perspective on international affairs and increase global competency
- Increase networking baswe and acquire new business contacts
The people in Croatia are among the most friendly, kind and hospitable you will ever meet! Each working day, a 2-hour optional sightseeing tour of Rijeka will be available. There will also be a one-day trip to a national park and a half-day visit to Fiumank, Rijeka's city regatta. Most importantly, Lehigh students will have the opportunity to interact with students from PAR Business School, Lehigh's Program Partner.
TRAVEL & ACCOMODATIONS
Students will stay at the Botel Marina "Boat-hostel" with dormitory style & quad rooms on the city pier. 3 meals per day with exposure to Croatian & Mediterranean cuisine is included as part of the cultural immersion experience.
Summer 2015 Croatia Schedule
This program offers 3 preapproved transfer credits towards Management 372.
The program is centered around a European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) credit course on Project Management blending theoretical concepts and practical experience. A certificate of completion will be provided at the end of the program once students have fulfilled all requirements. Course topics will include Project Management, Finance and Communication supported by daily team exercises for a total of 48 contact hours taught by a team of PAR instructors.
Study Abroad Office
32 Sayre Drive, Coxe Hall
Bethlehem, PA 18015