University Registrar > Students & Parents > Enrollment > Name and/or Address Change

Name and/or Address Change

Instructions for Changing Address

To update a current address:

After logging in using the secure login, select the following options:

  • Personal Information
  • Updated Address(es) and Phone(s)

At the bottom of the page, select the link marked Current. If you are changing your address entirely, you must enter in the Until This Date, the last date that the address is/was valid. To make changes to the current address, simply edit the address fields. Do not delete the address.

To insert a new address:

Under Type of Address to Insert, select the desired type from the pull-down list of addresses to update and click on the Submit button. An explanation of these various types can be found below. When updating or inserting an address, be sure to include the Valid From this Date (enter today's date or a date in the future), Address Line 1, City, State/Province, Zip/Postal Code, Area Code, and Phone Number fields. Other fields are optional. If you are entering a foreign address, Address Line 1, City, and Nation are required fields. Click Submit when you are finished entering the information.

All address entries will be reviewed within 72 hours. Incomplete addresses and those not meeting University requirements will be deleted and the prior address reactivated.

Attention students: If you do not want a phone number published, simply identify the phone number as "Unlisted".

Address Types

Business (BU): This address type is to be used to identify the address of your current business location.

Home (HO): This address type is to be used by alumni, employees, and students. For employees, home is the address of your legal residence for tax purposes.

Parents (PA): This address is for use by students only to indicate the address of the residence of their parents when it is different from the home address.

School Off-Campus ( ): This address type is to be used for undergraduate students living off campus but not in their permanent residence.

Seasonal ( ): This address type is to be used to indicate a seasonal residence.

Temporary (TE): This address type should be used only if you will be at an alternate address for more than two weeks and less than three months. Both Valide From This Date and Until This Date blocks must be completed for a temporary address.

Special Notes:

  • Neither graduate students nor employees may use an On Campus or Department address as their Home address.
  • Undergraduates may not use their UC Box as their Home address.
  • The telephone number listed first will be considered the primary phone. You may enter several phone numbers for each address type: cell, pager, and/or fax.
  • Employees will not be permitted to change or delete their Employee Campus address. Please notify Human Resources, 428 Brodhead Ave., (email:, or Payroll 524 Brodhead Ave, (email:, if you need to have your Employee Campus address edited.

If you prefer to have your address updated by a member of the University staff, please forward your requests, in writing, to the appropriate office. Contact the following offices if your primary status at Lehigh University is as follows:

  • Student
    Notify the Registrar's Office, Alumni Memorial Building #27 or via our Address Change Form as described.
  • Employee
    Notify Human Resources, 428 Brodhead Ave. (email:,or
    Payroll, 524 Brodhead Ave. (email:
  • Alumnus or Constituent
    Notify the Development Office, 622 Brodhead Ave. (email: