Graduate Permit Instructions
Permits are now available for purchase online. Please visit go.lehigh.edu/parking.
Permit options that are available online are:
- On-Campus Parking Permit for those residing in Residence Halls,Fraternities, and Sororities: $350.00
- Off-Campus Commuter Permit: $75
- Zoellner Parking Garage Access: $450.00
Online permits are NOT yet available for Saucon Village residents, RA's/GA's/TA's, or visitor permits.
Click Here to print this page
- We will continue to utilize information directly from the Deans Offices to complete the process for issuing graduate student permits for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- We expect this process will continue to be faster and easier for all graduate students, including Research Assistants, Graduate Assistants, and Teaching Assistants (RGT).
- Initial information concerning students who are eligible for RGT permits is expected the end of the first week of May with updates normally received from the Deans Offices on a weekly basis.
- For the Deans Offices to have the latest information it is important that students complete the necessary paperwork with their department/advisor and that this information is supplied to the Deans Offices in a timely manner.
- All information received by Transportation & Parking Services will be entered into our systems within a week of receipt.
The procedure to receive a permit is as follows:
If you presently have a Commuter Permit and are in need of a new one:
- Commuter Permits for the new year are available now at a cost of $75. They are valid through May 31st, 2015.
- If you will ONLY be on campus for the summer, you may purchase a Summer Commuter Permit for $42.50. (This option is available only to graduate students.) This Summer Commuter Permit expires on August 15th 2014, is non-refundable, and its cost cannot be credited towards the purchase of any other permit.
If you are an RA/GA/TA in the Physics Department (PHY) or in the College of Business and Economics (CBE) and have a
ZAC Access Permit with access to the Zoellner Arts Center (ZAC) garage:
- If your name is submitted to us by the Deans Office , you may purchase a new ZAC Access Permit, which functions as a Commuter permit and gives you access to the ZAC garage, for a cost of $55. These permits will expire June 30th 2015.
If you qualify now as an RA/GA/TA for either the Fall 2014 semester or both the Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 semesters:
- You may purchase a new RGT permit, for the appropriate period, for a cost of $55.00. Please see the section on obtaining RGT permits below.
If you qualify only as an RA/GA/TA for the Spring 2015 semester:
- You may purchase a new Commuter permit now at a cost of $75.00. If an RGT permit is available for the Spring 2015 semester, you can obtain one on or after January 1st 2015 and be eligible for a refund.
If your RA/GA/TA status in not currently settled:
- If you wish, you may purchase a new Commuter Permit, valid until May 31st 2015 at a cost of $75. In the event your status changes, you will be able to purchase a RGT permit and be eligible for a refund.
Qualifications to obtain a RGT permit:
- You should be on the list submitted by the Deanís Office.
- You should have a work assignment of at least 20 hours per week as verified by the Deanís Office.
- Your primary work location/department location should be on the ASA Packer campus.
- Those with dual work locations will be issued Commuter permits and should use the Mountaintop Bus Service to commute between facilities before 4:00 PM. After 4:00 PM, Commuter permits are valid for any non-reserved faculty/staff parking space.
- Your local residence (residence while you are attending Lehigh) should not be in the GREEN ZONE. This includes South Bethlehem bounded by Wyandotte Street to the west and Hayes Street to the east. Proof of address, as indicated below, is required.
- Saucon Village residents are not issued RGT permits as they are already allowed to park in the ZAC garage and the Brodhead/Packer lot. Saucon Village permits are available at a cost of $350.00.
To obtain your RGT permit if you qualify:
- Permits are available in the Parking Services Office, located in the basement of Johnson Hall.
- Hours are 8:15 am to 4:00 pm, Monday- Friday.
- During the summer, the Parking Services Office is CLOSED for lunch between the hours of Noon until 1:00 PM.
- Lehigh ID Card
- State-issued motor vehicle registration
- Payment Ė We accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard and Discover
- To obtain a RGT permit you will also need to bring proof of residence (In addition to confirmation of your status from the Dean's office of your College)
- Your driver's license and
- Your current lease or
- Current utility bill
Last Update: 05/14/2014