- B.S. in Materials Science and Engineering
- ABET Accreditation and Educational Objectives
- Minors for Students Majoring in Materials
- Minor in Nanotechnology
- Minor in Polymers
- Minor in Materials (for students in other disciplines)
- IBE Program
- Undergraduate Handbook
ABET Accreditation and Educational Objectives
The undergraduate program in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org/.
The Lehigh MS&E undergraduate program has been accredited since 1936.
The undergraduate program’s mission is to provide its students an excellent education in a scholarly environment.
Program Educational Objectives
As a statement of the career and professional accomplishments that the Materials Science and Engineering program is preparing its graduates to achieve, we have adopted the following Educational Objectives, in consultation with our students, alumni/ae, Advisory Committee, and the program’s other constituencies:
- Graduates will have the knowledge and experience to pursue successful careers;
- Graduates will meet the expectations of employers;
- Qualified graduates will be admitted to highly ranked advanced degree programs; and
- Successful careers will be reflected in professional recognition, advancement in responsibility, and awards.