Graduate Student Pre-Applicant Letter
Dear Graduate Program Pre-Applicant:
Thank you for your interest in graduate studies in Materials Science and Engineering at Lehigh University. Our graduate admission process is completely online. Please see Lehigh University's Graduate Admissions page for details, or go directly to the online application menu.
Please note the following minimum admission requirements set by the University and the department:
- Either the Internet-based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Test System) is required for all graduate students whose first language is not English. The department requires computer or paper Based TOEFL Test Scores or the “New” Internet Based TOEFL Test (iBT) scores within 2 years.
- Minimum scores that students should not fall below in order to be admitted to the Material Science and Engineering Department at Lehigh University without some remedial language assistance are as follows:
Minimum TOEFL scores are:
Minimum IELTS scores are:
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Aptitude Test is also required with a score of 75 percentile or better (in Quantitative and Analytical areas).
- An official transcript from each university attended is required. All transcripts should be converted to the American 4.0 grading scale, if possible.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from qualified individuals to evaluate the applicant's academic achievement and potential for graduate studies.
- A $75 non-refundable application fee. This fee can not be waived.
- The deadline for fall semester applications is January 15. The spring semester deadline is December 1. The deadline for financial aid for the academic year is January 15.
- Admission to the MS&E program is NOT awarding of financial aid. The granting of research or fellowship awards is by competition. The availability of funds is always limited.
- Visa papers are issued only to students admitted as regular, full-time students, who show proof of financial support by documents.