- Lehigh GMail is available for current
Students, Faculty and Staff. Alumni can use myLehigh
- Migrate your Lehigh mail to Lehigh GMail (or another system) using LEM (the Lehigh Email Migrator).
- Read Lehigh e-mail via IMP
webmail (faculty and staff)
- Use the Account web page to manage your Lehigh account
- To adjust settings such as vacation messages, use the settings
button/gear icon in Lehigh GMail. If you are still using the
legacy mail system you can adjust a small number of settings from the
account page such as disk quotas, e-mail forwarding,
vacation messages and configuring spam tagging/filtering. If you are
using Lehigh GMail or the legacy system, use the account page for setting up e-mail aliases and subscribing to daily Lehigh
- Subscribe to campus mailing lists - Mailman lists and
ListProc lists (older). You can also subscribe to mailing lists in
groups. Lehigh Google groups are user managed so anyone with a
Lehigh Google account can create and manage a group (mailing list).
The Mail Jail for computers sending spam and viruses.
Read Lehigh's computer and Network use policy.
Contact the Helpdesk (610-758-HELP)
- SMTP (outgoing) on port 587 with TLS Encryption and Authentication is
recommended for people configuring all client (MUA) computers which
relay traffic through Lehigh. For reading mail, SSL IMAP on port 993 is preferred.
If you are using Thunderbird or Mozilla SeaMonkey, follow these configuration instructions.
For Outlook, e-mail accounts, click the "More Settings" link and then
on the Advanced tab select "This server requires SSL" for both
incoming and outgoing. On the Outgoing tab check the requires
For Palm PDA's with e-mail follow these
Antivirus is now at version 0.97.8 and scanning all mail, both
incoming and outgoing. Additional anti-phishing and scam signatures
from Sanesecurity.com are also installed.
- Spamassassin 3.3.1 is installed and tagging
messages as SPAM. You can report spam messages to the FTC or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note - When reporting a
spam message be sure to forward it with all headers (such as using the
"as attachment" option in thunderbird).
- Mail to addresses identified as a phishing site are automatically
blocked, and the message "This address has been blocked due to
phishing" is displayed. If you've received a phishing message and did
respond with your password, please go to the account page and change
your password, so the phisher's can't use it.
- Because we have quotas on incoming mailboxes and many external
servers have limits on e-mail, please use the Lehigh dropbox
for transfering large files (over 20 MB).
For sharing collections of photos,
a free service such as Google Plus or Yahoo flickr
may be what you need.
For collaboration, you may want to use google docs, which you can access with your lehigh accounts via http://www.lehigh.edu/google.
- Learn how to recognize phishing emails by completing the LTS-Security course in coursesite. See
Don't get Phished video.