Changes in LTS Media Services
There have been some changes in how Lehigh faculty, staff, and students access Lehigh's Media Collections and Media-related equipment.
- All items from our Media Collection (Videocassettes and DVDs) will now be handled at the main Circulation Desk of EWFM.
- Media-related equipment (laptops, projectors, classroom microphones and remotes, portable PA systems, audio recorders, video camcorders, tripods, etc.) will now be handled at the Digital Media Studio.
The following list should help you find your way to the right place for the things you need.
- To access items from our Media Collection (Videocassettes and DVDs), visit the Circulation Desk on the main floor of the EWFM Library. Viewing stations are available on the main floor of EWFM (ask at the Circulation Desk for directions to the stations).
- To place items from our Media Collection on Reserve, contact Mary Ellen Kitchen in Lending Services (8-5008 or email@example.com).
- To reserve a Media Center classroom (370d and 379), contact Instructional Media Services (8-3059 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For assistance screening a film in a Media Center classroom, reserve a room through Instructional Media Services (8-3059 or email@example.com).
- To sign out Media-related equipment (laptops, projectors, classroom microphones and remotes, portable PA systems, audio recorders, etc.), visit the Digital Media Studio, EWFM 421 (8-3057 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- To search for items in our Media Collection, use the "Find Videos & DVDs in the Media Collection" field on the lower half of the Search box on our main Library webpage at http://library.lehigh.edu.
- To see new additions to our Media Collection, click the "New Videos in ASA" button on the right-hand side of the main Library page http://library.lehigh.edu.
- For help thinking about how to stream video for instructional purposes, contact Roseann Bowerman, Librarian and Manager of the CAS College Support Team (8-3053 or email@example.com).
- To request the acquisition of media materials for our Collection, contact Helen Mack, Acquisitions Librarian (8-3035 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
LTS has made these changes in order to:
- provide a single service point--the Library Circulation Desk-- for circulation of all EWFM collections, including books, media, reserves;
- provide a single service point--the Digital Media Studio--for distribution of all media equipment;
- increase the Digital Media Studio operating hours to meet increased faculty and student demand;
- enhance our ability to support faculty in the production of course-related video and multimedia resources; and
- respond to changes to facility use caused by the increased adoption of streaming media and digital video in courses.
Last updated: Friday, 30-Aug-2013 17:29:06 EDT