Most Special Collections holdings are represented in the Library's online catalog ASA.
Online finding aids are available for some manuscript collections.
- American Physical Society. Division of Fluid
- The Papers of Lester R. Bittel
- Richard Harding Davis Miscellaneous Correspondence
- Lehigh University Presidents' Correspondence
- Correspondence on Gettysburg National Cemetery
- William McCollum's Don Marquis Collection
- Construction of Packard Laboratory
- The Papers of Carl F. Strauch
- The Papers of Richard H. Tucker
- The Papers of Congressman Francis E. Walter
- The Papers of Leslie Hunter Whitten, Jr.
- Zinc Institute Archives
- Albert Ladd Colby: Report on the Boston Molasses
- The Autobiography of John Fritz: Holographic Manuscript,
- C.U.R.E., University Goals Committee Joint Commission
on University Life Lehigh and the Problem of Coeducation, 1968 1970
- Lehigh University Memorabilia
- The Philip
I. and Muriel M. Berman Papers: Collection I
- Records on Robert B. Honeyman Gifts To Lehigh University Library (1928-1978)
- "Pottstown Machine Company Photographs, 1900-1932"
- "Erwin Loewy and Hydropress Inc. Documents"
- "Lehigh University Music Festival 1949"
- Delaware River Bridge Construction Photographs 1921-1926
- Percy Hughes Papers and Publications (1872-1952)
- Lehigh University History by W. Ross Yates
- Construction of Bronx Public Works Photographs (1893-1935)
- Allen J. Barthold Papers (1914-1984)
- William J. Eney Papers (1900-1982)
- Copy of Engineers Private Journal [on] Harlem Bridge (1857–1861)
- Fritz Engineering Laboratory "Project 237" Documents (1962-2007)
- Albany Water Works 1835-1851
- Morris Canal and Banking Company Business Papers 1843 - 1864
- Sketches Attributed to Philip Schopp (1828-1893)
- Lester Bernstein Physical Laboratory Notebook, (1901)
- Dr. Cassius W. Curtis Papers (1942-1980)
- Frank E. Ellwanger Commonplace Book (1906-1914)
- Juragua Iron Mines Company Photographs, 1912-1914
- Wax Lake Bridge Construction Photographs, 1940-1941
- Archibald Johnston letterbook, 1912
- Mustard and Cheese Collection, 1946-1972
- J. Mark Frey and Chinese Students at Lehigh University, 1915-1920
- Richard H. Tucker Papers, Lehigh Class of 1879
- Documents related to Lehigh University centennial celebrations,1961-1966
Although Special Collections is housed in the newly renovated Linderman Library, many of our collections are stored in remote locations. We make every effort to bring requests of reasonable size to our reading room within 24 business hours.
- Researchers with Lehigh IDs should use the request form to obtain Special Collections materials in remote storage.
- Non-Lehigh users are encouraged to call or email Special Collections staff to arrange retrieval. (610-758-4506, email@example.com)
Location and Hours
Local history, Lehigh University collections, and photographs are generally available the day of your visit. We are located in Linderman Library 3rd Floor West Room 341. Our public hours are Monday through Friday, 1:00-5:00 p.m. Mornings visits may be arranged by appointment.
We are able to accommodate a number of individual researchers in the Special Collections reading room. Contact us if you would like to schedule a larger group or class visit.
Scanning and photocopying services are available upon request for a fee. Researchers must submit written requests to Special Collections for permission to reproduce or publish material from rare books, manuscripts or archival material owned by the Lehigh University Libraries.