Grants and Guidelines
International Conference Travel Scholarship
Scholarship Opportunities open to US students/postdocs.
Now accepting International Conference Travel Scholarship applications.
Information on this scholarship and how to apply see below.
The International Conference Travel Scholarship is a grant opportunity of IMI-NFG open to under-graduate, graduate and young postdoctoral researchers at US universities. Its goal is to help young scientists develop into future leaders of research on glass and other materials. Through participation at International Conferences, the Institute hopes to draw attention to the research results generated in USA , and in turn help build new international collaborations with US teams. The key criterion for scholarship award is how well the paper contributes to a new functionality of glass.
Since the start of the ICTS Program, IMI-NFG has awarded 56 scholarships to undergraduates, graduate or young postdocs to attend 27 different International Conferences that have been held in 12 countries around the world, as illustrated above.
Qualifications and Stipulations
- The student/postdoc applicant will be presenting a paper or poster at an international conference abroad. (Scholarship not applicable to International Conferences being held within the US)
- The presentation will contribute to a new functionality of glass (list of functionalities can be found on our Research page), as indicated in the conference abstract (to be submitted with the application).
- The scholarship shall reimburse 50% of total conference related travel expenses, with a maximum of $1000 (may include airfare on a US carrier, reasonable living expenses, and registration fee, if any).
- The applicant will acknowledge IMI-NFG scholarship (NSF Grant DMR-0844014) in publications based on his/her presentation.
How to apply
Complete Application Form
Please include the following with your application:
- One-page abstract of the paper/poster to be presented.
- Letter of recommendation from faculty advisor, confirming the functionality to be discussed by the applicant in his/her presentation.
- Copy of your transcript
E-Mail application to Ellen Liebenow or send by mail to the following address:
Attention: Ellen Liebenow, IMI-NFG, Lehigh University, 7 Asa Drive, Bethlehem, PA 18015
ICTS Spotlights & Articles
Spotlight and Articles on ICTS awardees.