Education and Outreach
IMI-NFG aims to:
- pool resources to educate the next generation of researchers and engineers to have in-depth knowledge and expertise in glass
- outreach to pre-college students (K-12) and other reserach communities that may benefit from learning about existing and new functionalities in glass / materials science
College level and beyond
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
- opportunity for undergraduate students (primarily aimed at Sophmore or Juniors) enrolled full time in a US University to explore glass research. The main program is housed at Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA with a limited number of opportunities also available at Penn State University, PA and Internationally each year.
For more information on this program and how to apply click here>
- International Conference Travel Scholarships
- this grant is available to undergraduates, graduate and postdoc students who wish to travel abroad to present a paper or poster relating to their glass research at a Conference outside of the US. Participants have the opportunity to gain international experience, draw attention to research results in the US, network and build new collaborations.
For more information on this scholarship and how to apply click here > (this will take you to our Opportunities webpage).
- "Global Glass University"
- IMI-NFG has developed built a wide range of educational and learning resources including online-web courses, videos, presentations and demonstrations.
Please visit our comprehensive LEARNING LIBRARY webpages
- International Winter Schools:
2008: US-Japan Winter School
2010: US-China Winter School
Focusing on pre-college (k-12), teachers and the general community
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant Number DMR-0844014.
Site Map | ©2009 Lehigh University
Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
International Materials Institute
Sinclair Laboratory, 7 Asa Drive, Bethlehem, PA 18015
Tel: 610-758-1112 · e-mail: email@example.com
Website by Zephyros