Individuals interested in becoming Clare Luce Boothe Research Scholars must be academically high-achieving female students enrolled in a Lehigh undergraduate engineering program who meet the following criteria (as per grant guidelines):
- Applicants must be citizens of the U.S.;
- Applicants should not have specific future plans to attend medical school; and,
- Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or greater.
If you qualify, please submit the following materials to the Dean's Office:
- A personal statement from the student outlining their motivation to be a Clare Luce Boothe Scholar as well as their future career goals.
- A letter of support from the faculty research supervisor stating commitment of mentoring the student, with specific description of:
- the goal of the project;
- how this project relates to the student's long-term career objectives; and
- a short summary of the specific research plan for the summer.
- A copy of the student's current transcript.
- Fall Deadline: November 1, 2016
- Spring Deadline: March 1, 2017