Pennsylvania-based EcoTech Marine International Inc. -- led by Lehigh engineering alumni and co-founders Patrick Clasen ’04, ‘07G and Timothy Marks ’04, ‘06G -- earned Philadelphia and regional honors as Small Business Exporter of the Year.
The Lehigh County company was named winner for both the Philadelphia District and Mid-Atlantic Region. The dual nomination makes EcoTech eligible for national SBA recognition.
"We are proud to have been awarded this honor," said Clasen, a Lehigh materials science and engineering graduate and EcoTech's Finance Director. "As a small business – now in our 11th year – we have tremendous respect for the unique challenges presented to a business like ours, as well as for the other entrepreneurs chasing their dreams to make their own success."
EcoTech Marine has established itself as an innovative leader in cutting-edge aquarium equipment and technology. The company, which manufactures aquarium pumps, LED lighting and other products, continues its global expansion, including its latest office in Hong Kong.
The company was nominated for the award by Cora Landis, program director of Lehigh University's Small Business Development Center. The award will be presented at a June 12 event in Philadelphia.
- EcoTech Marine Wins “Exporter of the Year” Award from the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Philadelphia District and Mid-Atlantic Region Offices
- LVB Story: Lehigh Valley manufacturer up for national SBA honors
- Official Website: EcoTech Marine
- Lehigh University Small Business Development Center
- Lehigh University Department of Materials Science and Engineering