One of the nation's earliest systems engineering programs, the department explores and teaches analytics, optimization, and high-performance computing to give students the tools to solve a number of complex industrial challenges in areas such as manufacturing, production, healthcare and financial services.
The field has expanded from its roots in the design of manufacturing systems to leverage its tools and expertise across a spectrum of industry sectors; Lehigh's ISE department, one of the most highly regarded in the U.S., has led much of this transformation.
In a competitive global marketplace where continuous improvement and cost containment are key consideration, ISE faculty and graduates play an extremely critical role in the design, improvement and optimization of processes and systems. They use problem-solving and analytical skills to find ways to make processes better, easier, cheaper or safer, and devise new ways to address issues such as minimizing financial risk, supporting next generation electricity distribution, and optimizing operating room procedures.
• B.S. | M.Eng., M.S.: Industrial and Systems Engineering
• Ph.D.: Industrial and Systems Engineering
• M.Eng.: Healthcare Systems Engineering (Professional Master's)
• M.S.: Analytical Finance (Professional Master's)
• M.Eng., M.S.: Management Science and Engineering
• M.S.: Manufacturing Systems Engineering
• Certificate: Manufacturing Systems Engineering
• Certificate: Quality Engineering
Research Focus Areas
• Service/system science
• Logistics/supply chain
• Healthcare systems
• Computational engineering/information technology
• Big Data/analytics
• Financial engineering