Graduate Degrees offered: M.S., M.Eng. and Ph.D. in Computer Science
APPLY NOW | GRAD STUDENT HANDBOOK (PDF) | COURSE CATALOG
Students in the graduate program of Computer Science conduct cutting-edge research in a variety of fields including database and information systems, Internet search, graphics, user interfaces, Web-based systems, multimedia and image processing, bioinformatics, intelligent systems, computer architecture, robotics, secure systems, networks, embedded systems, and mobile computing.
Beyond these areas, faculty and graduate students explore interdisciplinary aspects of computer science research through interactions with colleagues in other departments at Lehigh, at other universities, and at corporate research labs. Within Lehigh, collaborations are underway with researchers from all four colleges in areas such as biological sciences, design arts, sociology, management, marketing, economics, and education, as well as the departments of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Industrial and Systems Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics.
The community of graduate students in the department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) play a critical role in exploring the frontiers of computer science and the potential of computer science to enable dramatic advances in other disciplines.
Sponsors of Research Projects
National Science Foundation, Pennsylvania Infrastructure Technology Alliance, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, Christian R. & Mary F. Lindback Foundation, Lockheed Martin
Affiliated Lehigh Research Centers, Laboratories and Institutes
- Image Data Emulation & Analysis (IDEA) Laboratory
- Intelligent Decision Systems and Technologies (InSyTe)
- Laboratory Of Networking Group (LONGLAB)
- Pattern Recognition Research (PatRec) Lab
- Security of Software (SOS) Lab
- Semantic Web and Agent Technologies (SWAT)
- Vision, Assistive Devices, and Experimental Robotics (VADER)
- Wireless Infrastructure and Network Security (WiNS)
- Web Understanding, Modeling, and Evaluation (WUME)