2015 Lehigh University Geometry and Topology Conference
2015 Lehigh University Geometry and Topology Conference in honor of Don Davis.
Dates: May 22-24, 2015
The annual Lehigh University Geometry/Topology Conference in 2015 will be held May 22-24, 2015, at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. This time the focus will be primarily on algebraic topology, celebrating the 70th birthday of Don Davis.
The conference will start at 11:00 am on Friday, May 22. The first talk will begin at 11:00 Friday, and the last talk will end before 3:00 Sunday, May 24.
- Gunnar Carlsson, Stanford University and Ayasdi Corp. The topology of finite metric spaces 5/24 12:10
- Michael Farber, Queen Mary University of London, Topology of large random spaces 5/22, 11:00
- Paul Goerss, Northwestern University, Algebraic and topological duality in stable homotopy theory 5/24 9:00
- Kathryn Hess, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Delooping the space of long embeddings 5/23, 4:10
- Mike Hopkins, Harvard University, TBA 5/23 9:00
- Doug Ravenel, University of Rochester, What is a G-spectrum? 5/22 4:10
- Dennis Sullivan, Stony Brook University and City University of New York, Poincaré Duality and Projective Geometry 5/23, 1:30
In addition, at 1:30 on 5/22, Martin Bendersky will give a talk On the work of Don Davis.
There will be parallel sessions of contributed
talks, divided roughly between Homotopy theory, Abstract algebraic topology, Applied algebraic topology, and Differential and geometric topology. Those interested in speaking should submit an abstract with their
registration.. The deadline for registering for contributed talks is May 1,2015.
Abstracts of Talks
Abstracts of talks are now available. Please let me know of any mistakes or ommissions.
Schedule of Talks
Schedule is now available. We presume this will be the final schedule, but do check with the posted schedules upon arrival for any last-minute changes.
There will be a $35 registration fee for all participants. Continental breakfast will be provided Saturday and Sunday mornings. Saturday evening there will be a
banquet at no additional cost. The deadline for registering for housing, and the banquet will be May 10, 2015.
The conference is supported by Journal of Differential Geometry and Lehigh University, and NSF. Limited travel support is available, and the priority will be given to recent PhD's, current graduate students and members of underrepresented groups. Participants interested in being considered for this support should complete the request for travel support form no later than May 1, 2015.
- Huai-Don Cao, Lehigh University
- David Johnson, Lehigh University
- Ken Monks, University of Scranton.
More information will be available at this site as it becomes available.
Please check back from time to time.
Travel Information We will update bus schedules between Bethlehem and
the Newark Airport, and between Bethlehem and Phildelphia. In addition, there
are several area and campus maps.
The easiest way to register for this conference is to use the Web form
Participants as of 5/21/2015
Participants as of 5/20/2015 Here is the list of current participants, as of this date.
If you should be on this list, but aren't, please contact email@example.com.
If you have difficulty with the registration form, contact David Johnson at the address below:
Last Modified May 20, 2015 by David Johnson
David L. Johnson
14 E. Packer Avenue
Department of Mathematics
Bethlehem, PA 18015-3174
Telephone: (610) 758-3759
For more information, send
david.johnson@Lehigh.EDU, or click here, if your web server