Dear Campus Community,
I am pleased to announce the formation of a search committee to help guide the process and conduct an international search to seek candidates, both internal and external, for the Dean of the College of Education. I have asked Georgette Phillips, the Kevin L. and Lisa A. Clayton Dean of the College of Business and Economics, to chair the search committee.
Members of the search committee are:
- Georgette Phillips, Chair, Kevin L. and Lisa A. Clayton Dean of the College of Business and Economics
- Tammy Bartolet, Director, Marketing/Communication, College of Education
- Floyd Beachum, Associate Professor, Educational Leadership
- Ian Birky, Director, Counseling Services
- Amanda Brandone, Associate Professor, Psychology
- George DuPaul, Professor, School Psychology
- Thomas Hammond, Associate Professor, Teaching, Learning and Technology
- Lee Kern, Professor, Special Education
- Cheryl Matherly, Vice President and Vice Provost for International Affairs
- Brook Sawyer, Assistant Professor, Teaching, Learning and Technology
- Gina Sierzega, Senior Research Program Development Officer, College of Education
- Ed Webb, Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics
- Susan Woodhouse, Associate Professor, Counseling Psychology
Linda Mery, Assistant Administrative Director, Office of the Provost, will provide support to the search committee.
We selected Storbeck/Pimentel as the executive search firm for the search. Ruth Shoemaker Wood, along with colleague Sue May, will be working with the search committee throughout the process.
Throughout the spring ‘18 semester, the committee and search firm will work closely together to identify the candidate pool. The goal will be for the search committee to conduct a first round of interviews, and develop a list of finalists who will come to campus individually mid-semester. Ideally, selection from these finalists could be made so that the Dean of the College of Education could start July 1.
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs