|We invite you to apply
for a GAANN* Fellowship
(*Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need)
Students with relevant course work and training in any STEM releated field are
strongly encouraged to apply. Application fee waivers are available.
The specific components of the fellowship package include:
- A full tuition waiver
- Fellowship stipend (up to $30,000/year, based on financial need)
for two years
- Funds to attend a scientific conference
- A supervised teaching experience
- Continued stipend and tuition support for an additional 3 years.
After year 2, students will be supported as either a teaching assistant or research assistant in the department.
|Eligible applicants must be U.S. Citizens/U.S. Nationals/
permanent resident, a member of an under-represented minority, intend to continue their career in teaching or research, and must apply and be enrolled in our PhD program.
Ph.D. Programs in:
- Cell & Molecular Biology
- Integrative Biology and Neuroscience
Research interests include:
- Cell Biology
- Behavioral Ecology
- Evolutionary Biology
- Ribosome Diversity
- Reproductive Behavior
- Synaptic Physiology
- Eukaryotic Gene Expression
- Behavioral Neuroscience
- Nuclear Structure & Function
- Developmental Genetics
- Cardiovascular Biochemistry
- and more!
For more information and to apply to our graduate program, please click here.
For other inquiries and a waiver for the application fee, please contact
Ms. Heather Sohara at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a McNair Scholar click here to learn about additional opportunities offered through
the College of Arts & Sciences