What is a Captain?
- A member of the Lehigh community, who is willing to give of his/her time to share his/her knowledge,
- Able to assist a co-pilot (new hire) in learning the university wide administrative Lehigh environment regarding proper policies and procedures and provide tools to assist in finding answers when needed within the Lehigh community,
- A colleague that will be available for direction and assistance to help guide the co-pilot?
What does a Captain do?
- Provide weekly one-on-one guidance meetings via face-to-face, phone or e-mail
- Captains will support the co-pilot by answering the co-pilot’s questions, or assist in finding the answers, sharing his/her knowledge and/or providing appropriate resources.
- Captains will encourage the co-pilot’s participation in Lehigh training sessions and/or community events to begin networking.
What are the benefits of being a Captain?
- Enhance your own leadership skills and abilities
- Create a relationship that can be both personally and professionally rewarding
- Gain a better understanding of yourself
- Learn about co-pilot’s professional experiences and knowledge that can be beneficial to one’s own career.
Captain Selection Criteria
- High performer in current position
- Positive role model
- Understands co-pilot’s job
- Understands Lehigh’s mission, vision, SPIG, and culture
- Is patient with good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude
- Takes pride in all they do
- Knowledgeable and respected
- Employed at least three years at Lehigh
- Discreet (maintain confidentiality)
If you want to be part of something better than yourself and want to help a co-pilot earn his/her Lehigh wings, complete the online form and apply. The SOAR committee will be in touch with you.